INFFER has won recognition and a number of awards since its inception.
- DPI Future Farming Systems Research Awards 2012 – Outstanding Scientific Paper, to Craig Beverly and Anna Roberts (as the DPI-employed authors). The paper is: Beverly, C., Roberts, A., Hocking, M., Pannell, D. and Dyson, P. (2011). Using linked surface-groundwater catchment modelling to assess protection options for environmental assets threatened by dryland salinity in southern-eastern Australia, Journal of Hydrology 410: 13-30. Journal web site
Anna Roberts accepting DPI Outstanding Scientific Paper Award.
- Agricultural Economics Society (UK) prize essay competition 2010 to Graeme Doole for analysis of water quality policy issues.
- Loddon Medal, awarded by local Landcare community to Geoff Park, March 2010.
- Future Farming Systems Research Science Award of the Department of Primary Industries, Victoria, to Anna Roberts, Jenny Alexander and April Curatolo, 2009.
- AARES award for “Quality of Research Discovery” to Dave Pannell for Public: Private Benefits Framework, a component of INFFER
- At the AARES 2010 conference dinner, Dave Pannell was given this award
- Victorian Landcare Award to Geoff Park, for various contributions, including his role in INFFER.